If you do need a filling, we will place an amalgam-free restoration to comfortably repair your tooth, using advanced composite resin. There are several reasons why we much prefer this material.
- Composite resin is tooth coloured so your new filling will be virtually invisible
- This material bonds strongly with your tooth, helping to seal out disease-causing bacteria
- Unlike amalgam, composite resin doesn’t flex when under pressure or whenever you eat something hot or cold, so it won’t cause stress fractures in your tooth
- When preparing your tooth for a composite resin filling, only unhealthy tooth structure needs to be removed, preserving more of your tooth
- Composite resin is strong and durable, protecting your tooth and restoring your ability to eat and smile
If you still have older-style amalgam fillings, then when the time comes to replace them, we will take every precaution to ensure they are safely removed and the amalgam is correctly disposed of, protecting our beautiful environment.